Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday marked the beginning of the Autumn Season so what better way to kick off my first "Thursday Thirteen" post by listing thirteen reasons why I love Fall.
1. The weather: I just love the cool, crisp days of fall and I enjoy being able to spend time out doors without sweating to death or having my toes and fingers fall off due to frost bite. The temperature is just right!
2. The Fall foliage: The leaves on the trees are so beautiful and make for a picture perfect day.
3. Trick-or-Treat: Last year The baby dressed up as “Tigger” which was so much fun! He was a little too young to remember but it was still fun for mommy and daddy. He was so cute in his costume. I am already checking out costume ideas for this year. Hmmm….what shall he be this year??
4. Football season: There is nothing like going to a football game on a Friday night. Sadly, so far this year I have not been able to catch a game but you better believe I will be at a football game on a Friday night very soon. I like college football okay (Go Dawgs) but I love to visit my old high school football games more.
5. Pumpkins: This year, now that the baby is old enough, I would really like to start a family tradition of visiting our local Pumpkin Patch. Not only is it fun but it also makes for cute pictures.
6. Fall Consignment Sales: I love a good bargain and every year around this time one of our local churches hosts their annual Children’s Fall Consignment Sale to benefit their preschool program.
7. Trips to the mountains: There is no better time to take a day trip or a weekend trip to the mountains. The leaves are changing and it is so beautiful.
8. The Fair: In our town the fair usually comes around the same time of year and that is usually RIGHT NOW. Yes boys and girls, the fair is in town and there is nothing like a good ole’ fair corndog. Smear some mustard and ketchup on that puppy and I say “yummers to my tummers”!
9. Snuggling up with my hubby: Enough said!
10. Candles: I like a lot of candles in my house and I love lighting everyone of them. For some reason I usually light them a lot more around this time of year.
11. Soup and cornbread: Yummy! I just made a huge bowl of homemade soup over the weekend. It is delicious. I will have to post the recipe on a later date.
12. Thanksgiving: This is my favorite time of the year (along with Christmas) because it is the time of year when you give recognition for all the blessings that God has given you. God has given me many blessings this year (that sounds like a good Thursday Thirteen post “Thirteen blessings of God” although I can name a lot more than thirteen. I also love Thanksgiving because you are able to get together with family and eat lots of yummy dishes.
13. Yard Sales: Nothing like waking up on a cool, crisp Saturday morning in search of treasures. I have recently found a new love for this pastime from reading all the blogs in blogger world. It is amazing what some of you have found at yard sales!